Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Angry Rant Part Tres

Being that I'm newly unemployed, I've been going on sites like Monster to find me a job that I could actually be decent at.

I found a posting that I found interesting applied. Recruiter called me a week ago and told me that the CEO would love to interview for this position.

We set a time and date for today and me trying to be a responsible adult show up at the facility fifteen minutes early.

I stand there at the facility and as usual.. just like my last interview.. there's no one at the front desk. Keep in mind it's 9am in the morning.

Then some bumbling idiot walks out of nowhere and asks why I'm here.

me: Well.. I'm here for an interview. XXX asked that I come to this facility.

The idiot acknowledges my presence and goes into back.

Then, another guy comes in and tells me the CEO forgot about the interview and went to another facility and asked if I could drive over there to meet him.

I should have just said, "ok" and then driven to a drive-thru to pick up some chicken nuggets..

But, I'm a big pussy and I agree to go.

I go inside and it's like a ramshackle set up. And once again.. I sit and wait there for thirty minutes. I'm at my wits end now and I'm wondering if I should just walk out.

The guy finally pops out of his office and then asks that I follow him.


Mr. CEO tries to ask me questions and are unrelated to the job description. He begins to go on a tangent about certain issues and then I begin to realize that he has no idea what's going on.


Mr. CEO: So, I'll be frank with you. I thought you had xxx experience.

Me: Well, I don't. Frankly, I based it off of the job posting that your HR manager posted on Monster and I'm going off of that.

Mr. CEO: ....

I shake his hands and I walk out.


This is the second time that this happened.. I'm wondering I'm setting a trend here.

Back to the drawing board I guess...


7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are really unlucky with these stupid businesses. They dont care about new people anyday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked what you said on my blog earlier today... GTL and blogging FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great==> supportin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an idiot lol.

    You should try snagajob.com, my friend holds a high corporate position in a.. nice.. company, and she claims to hire people from there quite a bit

    ReplyDelete