Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Jimmy Wales..

STOP ASKING FOR EFFING DONATIONS.

Every effing year, you ask for money.  A plea from Jimmy Wales.  A plea from Wikipedia.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I've donated in the past and honestly I did it because I felt bad.

But seriously, Jimmy.

You're not broke.


You have money. Do you really think "founders" only get chump change?  I'm sure you're hitting high 6 figures to low 7 figures.  Honestly, in a perfect world, if it's a not for profit corporation, it would be ideal to see how much you really made.  It would definitely make people look at things differently.  Seriously, I think you could do it out of your own pocket.  Be like Warren Buffet.

I'm looking at your overall spending and I'm just flabbergasted at the bs that I see here:

CLOSE TO $1 MILLION IN TRAVELING EXPENSES?!  Jesus Christ Jimmy and (staff/friends)... where the eff are you going?  Was there a meeting you absolutely had to go to in Zurich?  Was there some yummy benets that you just absolutely had to try in Louisiana?  Or was it the lame brain meeting you had to "attend" in Japan?  Trust me, Jimmy.  You don't need to learn Japanese... it's a dying country.

You probably live in a nice house valued at over $1 million dollars.

You've probably kissed a koala bear.

Probably shmoozed with some celebrities and ate some finger foods.

SO Jimmy.  Please forgive me if I don't.  And, your image is getting tarnished bro.  A plea??!  What the hell is wrong with you?

WE'RE FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING AND IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY, THEN EFFING LEAN YOUR STAFF AND COMPANY. I've noticed that you've done a lot with contracting,  why don't you hire some more contractors and cut off the staff.  Almost $9 million in salary?! You know effing well you could shave that be forty to fifty percent.

Jesus Jimmy.  You sound like a medicine man selling some snake oil..

13 comments:

  1. greay writing you are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. The money is for Wikipedia, the site has no advertising and is free of charge. Youtube has a shit ton of advertising all over it, thats how they pay for the site, Wikipedia has no advertising. Think about it for second. It's one of the most popular sites on the internet today, imagine the man power and server output they would need to keep the site up. That's why he's asking for donations, so they don't have to resort to putting ads up to keep their servers going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but laugh everytime I see his face. I'm really surprised that Wiki doesn't have some way of making money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I guess it was easily looked up, but I had no idea he had that kind of salary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah like, whats up with that??? nice to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I laughed pretty hard at this. I don't know why but reading "Jesus Fucking Christ Jimmy" just busted up my gut from laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a high tech version of sitting at the highway off ramp with a cardboard sign. Veteran-Will code for food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bs they get government grants because of the fact they are non-profit. fuck donations. fuck their million dollar trips. fuck wiki.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wiki does a lot of good but I think the personal appeal for donation is a little lame. I'd be alright if they put ads up if they were that desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly this is how a great many charities are run too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truer words have never been said. Followed

    ReplyDelete